This application is for the 2017 NEH Summer Institute, Recognizing an Imperfect Past: History, Memory, and the American Public. To complete the application, please create a Submittable login by viewing the instructions below.
A complete application consists of the following collated items:
- the completed NEH application cover sheet,
- an application essay as outlined below.
- two letters of recommendation, and
- a detailed résumé, curriculum vitae, or brief biography
Should any questions arise, please contact email@example.com.
The Georgia Historical Society recognizes achievement in the field of public history by Affiliate Chapter members of the Georgia Historical Society with the Roger K. Warlick Local History Achievement Awards. Named after former GHS president Roger K. Warlick, the award honors the efforts of Affiliate Chapters that go above and beyond in the field of public history. Submissions are accepted beginning January 1 and are accepted through the end of February. Recipients of the Roger K. Warlick Local History Achievement Awards will be notified in April.
The Georgia Historical Society accepts nominations from its Affiliate Chapters in the following areas:
- Programs: This category includes any
public educational program or programming for specific audiences. Submissions
may include one-time or recurring programs. Acceptable formats include, but are
not limited to, lectures, in-school presentations, living history performances,
and media projects (videos, audio programs, and television programs).
- Exhibits: This category includes
temporary, permanent, or traveling exhibits. Nominations should include
information regarding any supporting programming and/or media projects related
to the exhibition.
- Special Projects: This category includes projects that do not fall under the programming or exhibits categories. Acceptable nominations include, but are not limited to, submissions for archival excellence (records, artifacts, facilities, development, etc.), media projects that do not fit under the programming or exhibits categories, and publications that do not fit the breadth and scope of the requirements for the Georgia Historical Society publication awards.
- Affiliate Chapters may only submit one application per category.
- All nominating parties must be active members of the Georgia Historical Society’s Affiliate Chapter Program. To join the Affiliate Chapter Program, please click here.
- All nominations must be for a completed project and must not be more than two years old at the date of submission.
- The Georgia Historical Society has the right to forgo giving an award in any category.
- The Georgia Historical Society reserves the right to move applications into a different category if the Society sees that the nomination is a better fit elsewhere.
To access the Sponsor Agreement and Property Owner Agreement/Easement forms, and the sample historical document, please click here.